Missed an issue of Guru? Get it here!
If you want an email reminder when the next issue is out then subscribe here. Guru Magazine is released bimonthly on the first weekday of the month.
Just click the cover image to read the issue you’ve missed.
All the issues, in chronological order…
Released: 1st June 2011
- Top 10 Medical Myths
- Difficult Decisions
- Overcoming Social Media Addiction
- A Healthy Haggis?
- Build your own Satellite
- Painting Love and Death
- The Man who Fell in Love with a Computer
- Sceptic Superheroes
- Molecular Gastronomy at home
- The Magic of Harry Potter
- James Randi interview
- The secret of attraction
- Surviving an 8.8 earthquake
- False confessions explored
- The Top 10 Horror movies of all time
- 58-page bumper issue
- How Shops trick you
- The joy of pinball!
- Hi-Tech holiday
- San Francisco explored
- Cocktail recipes
- Computers that read minds
- The beauty of Jazz
- The joy of repetition by Prof Stephen Curry
- Diets that never work
- Europa: Life in our Solar System?
- Interview with Lewis Dartnell
- Guru meets director of forthcoming ‘boredom’ documentary
- The science of food pairing
- Picture this: 1850’s photography revival
- The ultimate rock/pop mixtape
- Poo-gloos: an environmental solution for today
- Pet power: Why we like owning dogs
- Guru celebrates its one year anniversary!
- The truth about spontaneous human combustion
- An Olympian’s diet through the ages
- The brain parasite that offers hope of Alzheimer’s cure
- Coffee-shop geneticists: normal people who do genetic research for fun (!?)
- Were you born an addict?
- Too much choice? – Columnist Leila Wildsmith considers a life with fewer choices.
- Social media on the mind – How much does your Facebook fascination affect you?
- Being frank about frankenfoods – Charlie sticks his fork into GM food.
- It’s never too late to re-hydrate – fitness Guru explains when you should gulp that sports drink.
- Gunshot forensics – James Lloyd listens to the sound of gunfire, and tries to solve a crime.
- Consegrity – Sceptical Daryl Illbury explores a deadly alternative therapy.
- Are We Ready To Give Up The Atom? Part 2.
- Book addiction: how much is too much?
- Chew it over: Unveiling chewing gum for the ethical shopper
- Hunting the turtle hunters
- Could your taste buds be making you fat?
- Water Wars: A looming global issue
- What’s stopping you having the ultimate physique?
- The demise of university education
- The man who found joy while ‘locked in’
- The psychology of how to break troublesome habits
- The day a family of mannequins had an atomic experience!
- Why you shouldn’t howl at the moon
- The genetic future of sports doping?
- Top 10 gifts you can’t live without
- Volcanic ash and a Panini
Released: 1st February 2013
- Last minute shoppers are nicer people
- How real men dance
- 5 reasons not to preapare for a Zombie apocalypse
- Use Latin to make friends and influence people (an idiots guide)
- Rediscovering the Macbeth Effect
- Exploring weird-tasting food
- Ask a Guru, news and lots more…
- From Brain Damage to Beethoven: how a tragic accident created a musical prodigy
- How Lance Armstrong duped the world
- You’re getting sleepy… The secret of a drug free all-nighter
- Death at the playground: when dogs stop being our best friend
- Cancer, snakes and ladders: why some smokers live to 100
- PLUS: Book and event reviews, and a ‘Guru goes to Brighton’ special
- Michelin Star cooking at home: experimenting with new kit
- 3 Tips for life success: from the greatest man the world has never heard of
- Scepticism: how ear candling helps you to think clearly
- (un)Reality bites: when reality TV gets too real
Six reasons to kiss a frog (no, really!)
- PLUS: Special news report, new app reviews, the random image, competitions…
- The psychology of stripping: peep into the psyche of the exotic dancer.
- 10 best geek jokes, for the nerd with a sense of humour.
- Surviving and asteroid collision: start stockpiling food.
- Fact vs. fiction: separate real science from the stuff that… well, just isn’t.
- A near-death in the Outback: Trust us, never go running without water.
- PLUS: news, reviews, exclusive book excerpt, Ask a Guru…
- Improve your life: by putting an end to the multi-tasking madness.
- A hacker reveals his secrets: and it’s surprisingly easy to do.
- Make your own pseudoscience in 5 steps.
- Oddly delicious recipes: go on, treat yourself (or try them on your friends).
- Plus: reviews, news and plenty of pretty pictures…
- Series-ly Addicted: TV series addict fesses up?
- When Writers Lie and Cheat: don’t end up like Jonah Lehrer.
- Miraculous happenings? Or just nature?
- Sleep more, eat less: why shut-eye is a no-brainer.
- Dangers and delights of skiing: the real highs and lows.
- PLUS: reviews, news and plenty of pretty pictures…
- Born to be wild: why it’s good to go outside
- Make mine a pepperoni: how to print a pizza
- Stretch it baby! A yoga sceptic gets bent over backwards
- Nature’s medicine cabinet: happily hugging trees
- Hot or Not? The secret of real beauty
- PLUS: more features, news and plenty of pretty pictures…
If you enjoy Guru, why not donate and help keep it free?