Do we have too much choice?
Ever struggling to make your mind up?
The latest issue of Guru Magazine is now available for free download (or online reading)! Listed first by Webuser magazine as ‘best free digital magazine’, this issue features a healthy blend of psychology, art, technology, science and opinion.
In this issue, discover why we should all consider a portion of genetically modified foods on our dinner plates – or so Evolution Guru Charley Harvey thinks. Our correspondent from Japan gives a first-hand account of surviving in a post-Fukushima Japan (it’s not pleasant) – and argues why nuclear power should be here to stay. Sceptical Daryl Ilbury is never shy of controversy, and ponders Consegrity – a dangerous alternative therapy that suckered in many (don’t worry, we hadn’t heard of it either). Oh, but there’s more…
Guest writer Chloe McDonagh discusses the effects overdoing Facebook might be having on your – or your child’s – mind. There are some stunning uber-artistic quilts to oogle at, fitness know-how, brainteasers to try your hand at (and win prizes) and several other delectable (non-genetically modified) treats.
Kicking us off is Leila, who weighs up which of Starbuck’s 87,000 drink varieties to try next. Thankfully, not all decisions are that tricky…
Click here to read issue 7 now!
What’s inside this issue
- Too much choice? – Columnist Leila Wildsmith considers a life with fewer choices.
- Social media on the mind – How much does your Facebook fascination affect you?
- Being frank about frankenfoods – Charlie sticks his fork into GM food.
- It’s never too late to re-hydrate – fitness Guru explains when you should gulp that sports drink.
- Gunshot forensics – – James Lloyd listens to the sound of gunfire, and tries to solve a crime.
- Consegrity – Sceptical Daryl Illbury explores a deadly alternative therapy.
- Are We Ready To Give Up The Atom? Part 2.
Paper copy coming soon!
The full version, as it was intended. Great for printing, or saving on tablets, smartphones. Download here.
For the magazine effect. Perfect for viewing on a monitor or saving on tablet or netbook. Download here.
Text-based with reduced images. For e-Readers and smartphones. Download here.
For Kindle readers only. Download and transfer to your reader. Download here.
All of the traditional-style issues are available via the Guru app. Available in Apple Newsstand and Google Play (Android)
Read 2,300+ newspapers and magazines through one App. Now featuring Guru Magazine. Get the app.
Read it online now:
Like Guru? Why not get subscribe via email?